Beautiful, light-filled chapel within the Chapel of the Chimes complex in Oakland. Seats approximately 130. Jazz concerts are held monthly as part of the Jazz at the Chimes series.
Chapel of the Chimes was founded in 1909 as a crematory and columbarium—a building dedicated exclusively to the placement and honoring of cremated remains. The structure was expanded and re-built in 1928 based on designs by Julia Morgan—one of the premier architects of the 20th century. Today, it is one of the Bay Area’s most beautiful buildings.